Let the Recovery Begin

This week's blog is going to be light on words since I'm down 5 fingers and lacking concentration. I shoved 40hrs of work into the first part of the week, including a trip to Minneapolis. I landed in SLC early Thursday morning already on a fluid/food ban. By 9:30a, we were headed to the hospital for my long awaited shoulder surgery. I don't remember all of the details, but the surgery was a success. My torn labrum is now anchored back down and my bone and rotator cuff weren't in need of repair.

The last four days have been slow going, but Terry has been an awesome nurse and I'm improving by the hour. I'm on a strict schedule of food, meds, ice, sleep, and pillow positioning. I have a couple minor exercises to keep me busy and a follow-up appointment next week to determine when I'll start PT. I plan on taking at least another day off work and at least a week off from airports. Thanks to everyone that checked in on us, it definitely helps the recovery process!

Thursday Morning - Pre Surgery
Ok, let's do this.
Or maybe not, starting to get nervous.
Yes for Left Shoulder
Flowers and Fruit
Day 1 Recovery (Friday)
More flowers
Day 3 Recovery (Sunday)

Fortunately, this weekend was full of women's cycling and basketball to keep my mind occupied. Unfortunately, Lauren De Crescenzo (Visit Dallas DNA Pro Cycling) had a bad crash at the end of Saturday's San Dimas Stage Race. We are sending all our love and positive vibes her way as she recovers in the hospital. My silly shoulder recovery is nothing compared to what she and her family are experiencing. Love ya Lauren, get better pony!


Comments