Healing and Flowers

The most important news of the week is our friend Lauren is making progress! She was in a horrible crash last weekend at the San Dimas bike race. She's a member of the Visit Dallas DNA Pro Cycling Team and we've all been anxiously awaiting good news. As of Friday, she was talking and her teammates were #Riding4Roren at the Redlands Classic. It's been a tough week, but the team is strong and Lauren is the "strongest pony". There is a blog with medical updates and a GoFundMe to help with medical expenses.
Blog: https://wolfpacklauren.wordpress.com/

Compared to Lauren's injuries and recovery, my shoulder is a mute point. I'm improving as expected and had a week at home to get back into the groove. Sadly, it took surgery to reduce my work travel, but I'll take it and have at least 2 more weeks without airports. My stitches are out and I'll be in the sling for another 5 weeks. I take it off a few times a day to do minor exercises and will get into the painful physical therapy sessions once I'm set free. I'm back to showering, chores, walks, and working. I've been one armed since the last dislocation on February 12th, so I'm decent at doing things with my right and my left is getting skinny.

I received more flowers this week. They are beautiful and brighten up the house while the backyard is still buried in snow, but I struggle with flowers as gifts. I know how expensive these must have been and they will soon be dead, so I appreciate the intent but also see the waste. Most are from my office and their way of saying "we appreciate you", I just wish the money would have gone toward a living plant or good cause, like Lauren's medical expenses. I will take the vases to a local flower company and that makes me happy that the gift will keep on giving.



This was the last weekend of skiing and last day to lock in next year's season pass. We are going to give Park City another chance. I'm hopeful this year's budget goes toward lift maintenance and keeping locals happy. For now, we move into a few weeks of shoulder season before the next wave of tourists arrive.

If you ski in/out of Old Town, you had to either walk the last few turns or take the chair down.
Neighborhood trails are almost snow free

Comments