Weekend Powder Monkies

My crazy January travel schedule continued this week. Rather than dwell on Monday morning's flight, we got out early Sunday to enjoy the snow and spend time exploring the mountain. Thanks to a decent snow year in the Wasatch, we've been able to drop into areas that would have ruined our skis and bodies the past few years.

Terry focused on the day ahead - where shall we go?
We found goodies in the trees off McConkey's
After last week's 4 day multi-city travel, I was actually looking forward to an easy 2 day multi-city to Portland and Denver. Things got interesting on the drive from the airport to the client when my laptop decided it had had enough. I got it to limp through a meeting and then it died for good. I spent most of Monday rebooting and trying different restart codes with no luck. I sent the distress signal early, and a new computer would be in my hands on Wednesday. That meant that I had to use my colleagues laptop all day Tuesday. It required a lot of scrambling, but both presentations went well and the client had no idea. Not the easy trip I had hoped for.

There's something about Portland - love the vibe
Sushi with colleagues then dessert
Hotel Monaco - only got a few hours due to early flight to Denver for Tuesday meetings.
 The rest of the week, I split between home and the office. My parents were busy with Sundance volunteer duties, but we had a little time to catch up. Last year, they came early to help with Terry's back surgery recovery while I traveled. This year, they helped again with shoveling, house repairs, and chores. Over the weekend, they celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary. We went out for dinner and watched a movie while the next storm moved in.

Mom got carded at dinner!
Anniversary hot fudge sundae
We enjoyed another weekend of powder and fun with friends. We headed to Jupiter as soon as the ropes dropped and had a blast. It snowed all day and the powder was plentiful. I went straight from the mountain to massage making for a very sore Sunday morning. We said goodbye to my parents and headed back for more. We randomly met up with a couple sets of friends and had a good day. A quick nap and more shoveling once we got home and now the next storm has moved in. I don't travel until the end of the week so maybe I'll sneak in a few mid-week turns.

Corrie, Kelly, and Me - it's going to be a great day!
Jupiter lines were worth it
Team G & R at the top of the hike in blizzard conditions
Powder Monkey 6-Pack on Sunday
It's piling up out back

Comments