No UCI Worlds Hangover for Me

I still can't believe it's only been a week since we flew home from UCI Worlds in Richmond. I needed a little break from blogging after our amazing trip, but now I'm back. I appreciate all the feedback and I'm glad they brought some insight into women's cycling and what it was like to be on the ground as a spectator and supporter. What an incredible experience!

Even as we left on Monday, the excitement continued. I was asked for an autograph at Delta check-in and the airport was full of cycling celebrities. We made it home without extra baggage fees or delays and even got in a ride before dark. Pretty crazy to think about our daily cycling loop being training ground for Peter Sagan, Linda Villumsen, the BMC Racing Team, and others that won in Richmond. We might as well start calling Park City a ski and cycling training center.

Jesse at Delta was buzzing with Worlds excitement at 7a
Always asked how we travel with the bikes. So much easier with the Ritchey Break-aways!

Some people take vacation days and feel rested when they return to work. Not us. It didn't help that I committed to some onsite visits before we left. Although several more were added to my plate causing a last minute airline shuffle, and a night of laundry. I was back at the airport Tuesday for a 7am flight. The next 3 days were a blur of flights, driving in LA traffic, and work meetings. I was back at the airport Thursday night deprived of sleep and energy. I had a major project due Friday at 5p and then I used the weekend to try and recover. 

This lady was one of my highlights from my work travel
Landing in LA Tuesday night after 4 flights that day in order to do an hour meeting in Albuquerque 
Marriott - my home away from home for 12 nights in 13 days.
The weekend was rainy and cold, so I didn't ride, or at least used the weather as my excuse. I slept a lot, read, worked on cycling side projects, swam, and hiked. After being gone for a few weeks, it's so nice to be home and we are grateful to live in such a beautiful place. Unfortunately, I'm headed back to the airport this week for a return visit to the east coast, just without my bike and cowbell.

Prospector Trail Hike overlooking Park City - Saturday afternoon
Iconic White Barn on Sunday morning - during our Scarecrow Hike
Favorite Scarecrow - Transylvania Airlines

Comments