Tomorrow arrives in 90 minutes! I need to be in bed by then, but it's that close. We just finished the final meeting of the day, but many of us are still up and working on final details for Stage 1. Unless you've worked in the traveling circus that is a cycling stage race, it's hard to describe all the moving pieces, but I love it. The logistics, the project management, the courses, the media, the volunteers, the community involvement, and it's all about cycling! And for me, it's all about women's cycling!!
The men start at 9:15 and the women at 11, so in twelve hours we'll have finished the final touches and the 2nd Tour of Utah Women's Edition will be live. Unfortunately we won't be live as in TV or Tour Tracker, but we'll be announcing the race and doing live tweets #TOUWE.
My day in bullet points
- Walked from hotel to Start/Finish. Walked the circuit to check out the climb and corners.
- Drive to USU for 1st meeting of the day on announcing and awards.
- Back to hotel for emails and other prep
- Quick ride to spin out the legs and get some air, including a lap on the circuit to see what the climb was like on a bike.
- Quick turnaround and drive back to USU for Press Conference. Athletes did a great job!
- Left men's Q&A early to prepare for women's team enrollment and manager's meeting.
- 4hrs later, women are ready to race and I'm ready to eat dinner. 2nd night at Mongolian Grill restaurant - open on Sunday and good vegan options.
- 30min to rest at hotel, then drive #3 to USU for the All Staff Meeting. Also my 3rd time on the circuit for the day to check status and was pleased to see chalk on the climb!
|Cache Valley - great place to ride|
|Press Conference - Women on Stage|