Healing Sunday

Today's been all about healing and rounding the corner on my back injury. I set the alarm in order to eat an early breakfast and start the prednisone pack. Saturday was a day without meds, although many were still in my system and I was a little loopy. They wore off early this morning as I woke to increased pain instead of the alarm. I'm not one to jump at meds as the solution, but after the last week I was desperate. 

I caught up on the Ladies Tour of Norway and was thrilled to learn that American Shelley Olds won Stage 2. That put her in 2nd place overall, leaving the top step to American and Stage 1 winner Megan Guarnier. Another American, and Megan's teammate, Evie Stevens won the Mountain Classification. I can't wait for UCI Worlds in Richmond, these ladies are going to put on a show on home soil and we'll be there to witness it!

Megan won Stage 1 and the General Classification. Shelley won the Crit and Stage 2 plus the Points Classification.
Evie Stevens always has great podium faces

Now that my heart was happy with all the awesome news from Norway, I attempted to make my mind and body happy with yoga, stretching, icing, and meditation. Then, because I felt like it, I went back to bed. 

In the meantime, Terry was up and grabbed the mail from Saturday. I woke to a surprise from the UK! Sarah (aka @_pigeons_) had sent a swag bag from a couple women's races that she attended. My heart was even happier that someone had gone to the trouble to collect all these goodies and ship them across the pond for my enjoyment. I do support Sarah's patreon account in order to help her attend the races, but I didn't expect her to send a jersey, autographs and so much more.

Women's Cycling Swag Bag from Sarah!
Sarah attended the Ladies Tour of Norway this weekend and captured great content - talk about happy!
Check her out on Twitter and Website

With a brand new jersey, I had to attempt a ride. I was starting to feel a little relief so figured I could do about the same effort as Saturday. I had to turn back early, but stopped and took a few pictures and then went to the pool for some cool down laps and stretching.

In less than 100 days we'll be skiing - need to take advantage of the last few months of cycling
Loving my new Sprint Classification jersey from the Energiewacht Tour

The rest of the afternoon and evening have been dedicated to more healing. We relaxed on the back porch listening to the waterfall and reading. I took breaks from my book for icing, stretching, eating, and house chore sessions. Part of it is mental and my determination to improve, but I have to admit the meds are also helping. I know this isn't the end of it, but at least I've turned the corner.


Backyard Oasis

Comments