Meditation & Journal Challenges

On June 1st, I started a Daily Ritual. Of the four items, I've been most consistent on the Blog, only missing 2 days. Yoga is a close second, but with all this travel I need to add more time on the mat. The two new items, Journal and Meditate, are the tough ones. Who would have thought coming up with 10 new ideas would be a challenge and on the other hand, keeping focused for 15 minutes would be one of the most challenging times in the day. I'm definitely getting a brain workout, which was one of the goals of this Daily Ritual.

A few weeks in, I backed off on the journal from 10 new ideas to just listing how I'm feeling mentally and physically and a few thoughts about the upcoming day. It's no excuse, but I forgot my journal on a recent trip and stopped all together. I'm going to get back to health, attitude, and gratitude starting tomorrow. I find it helpful to take the time to make an assessment before jumping into the day.

On the meditation front, I've finished 2 blocks (60 days) in the Headspace app, but haven't started the 3rd. Some days, I did it at the end of the day and fell asleep. Some mornings, I was so antsy that I couldn't make it through the full 15 minutes without getting up and moving around as the session finished. I'm sure I'll improve with practice. The 2nd block (30 days) was on Stress. Coincidence or not, the last month has been extremely stressful with work and travel. The 3rd block I'll start tomorrow is on Happiness. If logic holds, the next 30 days will be extremely happy.

Comments