Back to Utah for Pie and Beer Day

I landed in Salt Lake City tonight just in time for the Pioneer Day three day weekend. Surprisingly the airport was quiet, but traffic up Parley's was not. Many Utahns have tomorrow off work and many have obviously chosen the lakes & mountains over the parade. We've never attended the parade or any festivities, unless you count the alternative celebration called Pie and Beer Day. As I drove home, the radio gave updates on traffic and parade staging. I don't know how many people are sleeping along the parade route, but enough that there were also reminders to stay hydrated tonight. I guess one of these years we should go watch and see what we are missing. I didn't take a photo, but the highlight of the drive home were the UDOT highway signs saying something to the tune of

"Cross the Plains Safely, Don't Text"

Comments