Tulsa Tough Homesick

I made the right decision, I made the right decision, did I make the right decision? For the past 2 years, I've experienced Tulsa Tough as an insider and it quickly became one of my favorite events of the year. Other than wearing a bikini and getting plastered on Cry Baby Hill, I've strived to cram as much into the weekend as possible. If you have the time, check out my previous blogs. If not, trust me, it's a cycling event you want to attend at least once in your life, similar to the Tour de France.

2013 Tulsa Tough - 6 Part Series
2014 Tulsa Tough - Top 50 Moments

Tonight I finished by ride early to watch the live stream of the women's race. As I watched and kept active on Twitter, the homesickness set in. It was definitely the right decision to stay home this weekend, especially with work trips on either side, but it's hard to see everything I'm missing.

If you are in Tulsa this weekend, please keep sending pictures and updates!

  • Good luck to friends riding the Gran Fondo in the morning, stay cool and keep hydrated! Then keep those legs elevated so you can do it again on Sunday!
  • To the crazy fans, keep emptying your pockets for the women's primes - you know they deserve it!
  • To the pro women, congrats on an exciting and aggressive race tonight! Love seeing my Tulsa Tough host housing roomie Christina Gokey-Smith snag 3rd and SLC's own Tiffany Pezzulo grab 5th! All the results hereI can't wait until tomorrow to see you tear it up on Brady Arts and past Soundpony! Of course, all of it leading to Sunday where Cry Baby Hill takes center stage. I'll be ringing my cowbell and wishing I was there to cheer you thru the gauntlet. 

Comments