Soccer Fever

I mentioned last week that I went on a bit of a soccer binge. Well this weekend, I was back at it and looking forward to more soccer this week. 

Friday night, I worked late, then caught the last half of the USA vs China women's match. Go USA!

Saturday, after a mountain bike, lunch date, and more working, we watched the 1st half of Canada vs England. Instead of catching the 2nd, I headed down to watch SLC Real vs Columbus Crew SC.

Compared to last Sunday, the temperature at the start was hotter (97F) but there was some cloud cover and the sun set earlier. Garcia and Jaime scored again but Columbus also had 2 goals and we ended in a draw. It was exciting, frustrating, and addicting at the same time.

Next up is the Women's World Cup Semifinal between USA vs Germany on Tuesday evening. I'll be traveling, but hope to cheer on the US at the airport sports bar.


Comments