Delta Encounter

This is starting to get weird. Yesterday's blog was about my repeat encounter with Diesel. I didn't walk to the office this morning and this afternoon I didn't see Diesel on my way to the BART station. It got weird when I boarded the plane, went to my exit row, and sat next to the same man that I sat next to on the flight to California Tuesday morning!

I'm going to pull out my old statistic book, because the odds of this Delta encounter plus yesterday's Diesel encounter are crazy. On the flight out, I had the exit row window (11A) and he had the aisle (11C) and nobody sat in the middle. We talked briefly before take-off and later gave the attendant a hard time about mixing up my apple juice and his cran-apple but otherwise kept to ourselves. Today, I had the exit row middle (11B) and he had window (11A). It was likely the same exact plane, so the same exact seats from Tuesday.

He was the first to recognize the repeat encounter and we both just shook our heads. I almost told him the Diesel story, but held back. I did ask him where we were flying next week, but he's staying home while I head to Texas. He had a cran-apple, but I switched it up with a ginger-ale.

I'm not sure what is going on, it's weird but not bad. If something similar happens tomorrow, I might have to do something like drive to Idaho and buy a lottery ticket.

Comments