Saddle Time

Handlebar View
When not working or sleeping this week, I've had this view.  I'm not complaining, it is just odd to have so much saddle time in March.  Hope I don't burn out once summer actually arrives.  One of these days I have to face reality and do some trail running in preparation for my 1st marathon. (167 days to go)

I had missed a Tuesday night cycling class a few weeks ago, so decided to try and do a make-up class on Monday evening.  The good news about Monday's class is it is only 60min rather than 90, but the bad news is the recovery times between sets are extremely quick.  I was able to grab an open spot, although it was next to the teacher so I looked out at the class and I'm sure the guys wondered how a girl could sweat as much as I do.  They should see me in the 90min class!

I finished Tuesday's class strong, even though we did 6 sets of SFRs.  Wednesday, we went out to dinner with the Cronley's and indulged in Epic beer and wood-fired pizza.  Thursday's class was tough and my muscles were screaming, my heart rate was in Zone5, and the sweat was flying. 

Of course, the other priority this week was March Madness and the Volta Catalunya.  We logged onto the bicycle race replay as soon as we got home each night and then I stayed up late several nights watching both men's and women's hoops.  

Tofu Wrap and Acai Berry with Coconut Milk
We took a night of rest on Friday and then were off again early Saturday for an outdoor ride with a group from cycling class.  I had to ride hard to keep up and finished early after 50miles while a few others (including Terry) did another hour of hill work.  I took advantage of the gorgeous day and sat outside the coffee shop refueling and reading until they returned.  

We got home just in time to shower, then off to a Moab MTB planning party with the Cronley's and Bacasa's.  It was the first time the kids had met, which was entertaining, but it was also a good test for Terry to be around the 4 youngsters. Stay tuned for that blog to see if Terry survives the weekend in Moab.

We went out again today to spin our legs and take advantage of another 60F March day.  The wind was fierce, but we had a tailwind home and even stopped off at the Canyons Concert.  Funny to be riding in between all the skiers as they came off the hill and headed over to catch the music.
Canyons Concert
Canyons Beach

Comments