Socks, Bottles, & Snow

Sat Morning MTB Ride Cancelled
We had our 1st snowstorm of the season last week and although the last couple days have brought warmer temps, we still have piles of snow under the roof lines.  The snow is usually here to stay by Halloween, but the first weekend in October was a rude awakening.  We still hadn't finished the roof repairs, put away the patio furniture, or moved the worm bin inside!

Many of the trees in the neighborhood were also surprised by the amount of snow.  The aspens kept their leaves and have been putting on a color show all week.
Aspen Bends on Saturday. They are doing better today.

Even the Pines had too much!
Love this shot!
Mr. Cold Weather Cyclist
We were planning to get in a couple quality mountain bike rides last weekend, but opted to save the single track and hit the road.  Our rides reminded us of riding in Italy last winter - quiet, beautiful, and a bit chilly.
Deer Valley. I wore my coat on the descent
and wished I had warmer gloves.
Awesome views on Royal Street
Muddy Trail Run
I also joined the girls on Sunday morning for a trail run.  The single track was in decent shape until the very end where a few sunny switchbacks were thawing out resulting in a slippery descent.

Since Fall hit a few weeks ago, I've been living in my SmartWool socks - in the home office, on work trips to Canada, and my workouts.  Many of you reading this blog have contributed to our SmartWool inventory and it is always one of our favorite presents.  Don't worry, we'll never have too many socks, so keep them coming!

Just to prove my point, I pulled out all our SmartWools from the sock bins in the gear room.  I'm sure there are more in the bedroom and laundry, but I tried to hold back on the Type A intensity.  I brought them upstairs and matched one pair of socks with 1 water bottle.  I only used bike bottles and ended up with 5 extra.  The obvious conclusion is that we need more SmartWool socks!

Sock Bins. We can never have too many!


Bike Bottle Drawer. And we recycle often.

SmartWool Socks & Bottle Collection
Even socks like to relax on the deck on Friday nights!
We have also started transitioning to wool base layers as our polyester base layers start to wear out.  We realized after last year's wet Italy trip and from other cyclist's recommendations that it is worth the money.  I'm also looking forward to less stink.  My parents are probably reading this and picturing all their beloved green, orange, and brown wools from the 70s - so go here for xmas shopping, please.

Comments