My Head is going to Explode

September arrived and brought along shorter nights, cold mornings, fall colors, and for me.. a sinus head cold.  As I boarded the plane last week with a sore throat, I was hoping it was from the crummy inversion but I wasn't so lucky.  After the flight to Seattle, 2 long days of meetings, and the flight home, my body decided to stop fighting it and just let the pressure build.  I'm happy to report that after a week of rest, Neti pot, and tea; the pressure is gone and I'm feeling better.

Obviously life still went on, so let's get to the good stuff and stop the whining.


Rental Bike Boxes with
Climbing in background
Velodrome
Climbing
My flight to Seattle was entertaining - see my work blog.  My hotel was a block from Whole Foods and 4 blocks from the Marymoor Park which is huge!  As in 26000 acres and 175miles of trail.  Just in the areas I walked, there was a velodrome and bikes you could rent, climbing wall, and fields specific for cricket, rugby, softball and flying model airplanes.  I really wanted to see some cyclists in the velodrome, but didn't see anyone either evening.

I flew back home late Friday night anxious to see Emily complete the Wasatch100.  Thanks to the website tracker, I could see that she was meeting her times and had fast transitions.  So fast, that we had to hustle Sat morning to get to Midway for her finish.  She came in at 28hr16min and got 5th woman overall!  What an inspiration, I'm honored just to run with Emily on her easy recovery days. It was a great morning as other friends and pacers finished.  Way to go Suzanne, Emily S, Ann, Kristin, Chad - you all rock.  We celebrated with lunch at Tarahumara - yum!
Happy Finisher - Great Job Emily!
Suzanne catches some post-race z's

Emily finishes STRONG
By the time I got home on Saturday, my head was ready to explode.  I grabbed a Lee Child novel and the sleeping bag and crashed on the back porch.  Sunday was more of the same, I even passed up a mountain bike ride.
Filling up on greens
Back to work on Monday and with 3 days at home this week I was able to take care of myself and recover.  The moose were frequent visitors this week, or maybe I just noticed them more.  They are definitely a fun distraction.



Comments