Meditation and Italian Refocus

I've introduced meditation and Italian lessons back into my daily ritual. I'm only a few days in, but plan to continue through September and hopefully beyond. On June 1st, I defined a Daily Ritual which included the four components of Journal, Meditation, Yoga, and Blog. 

By July 8th, I was on track with blogging and yoga (or at least consistent stretching), but struggling with the two new practices. I tried for another week or so and then let both drop. I only made it through a few sessions of the Happiness block on Headspace. I thought it would be easier than the Stress block, but the visualizations were challenging and I was constantly distracted.

August was consumed by cycling events and back injury, so I chose this Monday (Aug 31st) to refocus. I plan to continue blogging and will need to do even more yoga/exercises for my back. I just can't get into the "10 ideas a day" journal right now, so I'm not going to force it. I do see the benefit of checking in physically and mentally each day so will do that during meditation. I started the Balance block on Monday which should help with the back rehab as I need to better manage my work/life/passion balance.

Italian wasn't on my Daily Ritual list in June because I had been consistently studying each day for the last year. Over the summer, I let it slip. I had stopped going to lessons in the spring, but then I gave up on my homework books and DuoLingo. I had hit a plateau and didn't have a reason to push through it, so turned my focus to other passions. In the last few weeks, we've started discussing a long Italy trip in 2016 so it's given me a reason to refocus.

We'll see how the next month goes. I'm only three days in, but I look forward to 15min each morning of meditation and at least 15min in the evening of Italiano.

Comments