Tour of Montana is This Weekend!

Ever since I heard the news of the Tour of Montana, I've been planning on attending. Kurt and Robin were brainstorming ideas last August during Tour of Utah and a few weeks later the news became official. I can't imagine the work that Nicole has put in over the last year to make this happen. Missoula and Montana are lucky to have her.

The Tour of Montana is starting small but once racers and fans get a dose of Big Sky Country, it will grow quickly. The inaugural tour will include a Party at the Park on Friday evening, a Criterium on Saturday, and a Big Ride on Sunday!

It's great to see sponsors like DNA Cycling and OSMO Nutrition showing their support, as well as the voice of cycling, Dave Towle. Plus all the local sponsors, thank you for seeing the vision and supporting cycling and the economy. I encourage all my Montana friends and family to load up your bikes and head to Missoula for the weekend to show your support.

Back to my plans to support the Tour of Montana. I've had the dates circled on the calendar and Friday as a vacation day for a year. What I didn't plan on is a 6am flight on Monday to Chicago, non-stop travel for months prior, and my husband's project deadline. That isn't stopping me, it just means we are figuring out a plan. In the meantime, I'll be helping getting the word out to do my part.

So check out the website, support the sponsors that support the event, and either attend or send good vibes to Nicole, Kurt, Robin, and everyone involved. 

Please see the schedule of events online for more details and to plan your weekend.

Comments