Mountain Bike People Intervals

Today was a holiday for most, but we both had to work. After a check on emails and my coworkers in Europe, I treated myself to a mountain bike before digging into my project. I started too late and was treated to more heat and people than I had planned on. As I climbed Armstrong and part of Pinecone, I used the people as intervals. Riding hard until I caught a group and then staying behind before passing or grabbing the next group that came along. It's great to see so many mountain bikers out enjoying our trails, I just wish they had slept in.

On one of my people intervals, I was in recovery mode when two older gentlemen came up on our group of three. When the riders in front of me pulled over, I pulled over with him to let the two pass. As soon as they did, I jumped in behind them. They didn't realize it and the lead guy made some comment about "almost hitting that chick", which he had since he was too close when we pulled over. That was enough for me to make sure I stayed with them. I kept quiet and later when we came up on another rider that had pulled over, the lead guy said "just the two of us". I quickly added "actually there is one more". The guys couldn't hide their shock (#1) and then they turned on the heat (#2). I stayed with them for awhile and took pleasure knowing they were probably at their limit trying to drop "the chick".
Pinecone
MidMtn between Armstrong and Spiro - Vail Construction

Comments