Tour of Utah: Doing My Homework

I'll be in Logan a week from today! Actually I'll be there on Saturday but who's counting. The Tour of Utah runs Monday Aug 3rd thru Sunday Aug 9th and the Women's Edition is Monday and Tuesday. I'm on staff this year and helping with whatever I can on the women's side, including team enrollment and announcing. I'm used to pitching in and have performed many roles in the past but announcing is new. I've been doing my homework and aim to keep the crowd informed and excited about women's cycling. The more fans the women have, the more the sport will grow.

I'm compiling a ToUWE2015 Twitter List that includes the teams, riders, and staff. Subscribe now so you can get to know the athletes before they arrive and then follow during the racing. I'm working on my rider notes, both serious and fun. I think the crowds will be interested to know not only the best results but what these athletes like to do in their spare time and how they supplement their cycling "incomes". I look forward to seeing the riders over the weekend to make sure I'm pronouncing their names correctly and adding notes to their bios.

There's plenty left to do and I'm fortunate it's a relatively quiet at work with no travel. If you are racing or know someone that is and have a great story to share with the Tour of Utah crowds, please add to the comments or send me a message on Twitter @girojenny. Same to all the fans out there, if you have a specific question, let me know and I'll see what I can do. For those of you in Utah or anywhere nearby, make plans to come to Logan on Monday and Ogden on Tuesday to watch the races. Better yet, come to Logan early and attend the Team Presentation on Saturday evening.

Comments